Tuesday, 12 February 2013


Week 7, Day 2.
Syns Carried Forward – 13/15

Did an experiment on the Wii this morning and weighed myself twice, once whilst the Wii step was on the step riser, and once whilst it was on the floor. It weighs me 1lb heavier whilst on the riser than on the floor, so to keep continuity I will keep weighing with the step on the floor. The good news is that I have lost one of the pounds that I gained over the weekend, so only 2 more to go. DH (being an engineer) decided a few days ago to work out how much extra energy is expended by having to step up the extra 3 inches to account for the riser, as obviously the Wii only calculates the number of steps, and the calories used to step that number of steps, not the extra effort required. Apparently (and I don’t know how he worked it out) it takes 4.5 times as much energy per step!

Whilst I was preparing the vegetables for last night’s tea, I did a load of carrots, mushrooms and onions, and so we have a beef casserole bubbling away in the slow cooker for tonight’s tea. I think I will do it with potatoes, cabbage and possibly cauliflower, so packed with free food.

I had a pounding headache again this morning. But again, I am not drinking enough water, and need to desperately bump up my intake again. However most people in the office are complaining of headaches again today – perhaps we have a sick office!  Mind you, it didn't help that the soul sucking bitches of the office were on form again.  Why do some people feel the need to be downright witches?  One of the guys in the office commented that his partner had bought the Hypnotic Gastric Band book.  I said 'I've got that'.  All sorts of bitchy comments ensued, including comments that 'people shouldn't eat too much fruit, because it's bad for them'.  This coming from the person who loudly stated that'my fitness instructor says that if you want something sweet you should eat a biscuit, not fruit, as you know exactly how many calories there are in a biscuit!'  I sometimes can't get my breath!  I will continue eating loads of fruit, instead of the biscuits they keep stuffing in their gobs.  It wouldn't be so bad if they both looked like twiggy, but one of them makes me look positively skinny, and must be at least a size 30!  Anyway, rant and my bitchiness over, but this is the main reason for my vodka consumption tonight.

Called in Tesco on the way home for a couple of bits, and had a quick look in the electronics section.  They had some Wii accessories - baseball bat, tennis racket, steering wheel and golf club, in a set for 87p!  Bought one for myself and one for the grandchildren.  Just need to find the disk with the games on now.

Breakfast
Blackberries

Snack
French Fries – 4 syns
Diet Coke

Lunch
Jacket potato
Cottage Cheese
Salad – lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, cabbage

Freddo Frog – 5 syns

Snack
French Fries - 4 syns

Tea
Beef casserole - beef, onions, carrots, mushrooms, oxo, gravy granules (1 syn my portion)
Mashed potatoes
Cauliflower
Cabbage

Syns
Vodka & diet Cherry Coke - 18 syns

Water
XXXX

Syns for day - 32 . Syns for week so far – 45/60
Weight lost/Weight still to lose (lbs) – 14/86
Exercise - 10 mins free step - Wii + riser.

No comments:

Post a Comment